No cruch-time, no crazy deadlines, 35 hour work week.We’re a small but mighty group of diverse, talented engineers. We value steady progress over “crushing it” and have a thoughtful, deliberate approach to hiring and culture.
You are comfortable wearing multiple hats
We do development, client communication, support, devops, project planning, and database administration. You know how web development projects happen and what it takes to ship them.
You value mentorship and leading
We consider mentorship an integral part of being a senior member of our team, from answering questions in slack to constructive code reviews to pairing, help developers at Unabridged and at our clients grow.
You are passionate about doing quality work
We believe in doing things the right way and we’ll show you the ropes of finding the balance where elegant code meets delivering results.
You thrive on autonomy
We’ll show you what we want and point you in the right direction and trust you to get there.
You love to learn
There’s always something new to grapple with when working on a new project. You are excited about adding new technologies when appropriate and relish building a new project from the ground up.
- Build new features for client projects
- Lead internal and client projects
- Communicate with project stakeholders
- Investigate client support requests
- Maintain existing systems via upgrades
- Experience with an MVC Framework (Rails, Laravel, Django)
- Command line basics, *nix familiarity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with version control
- Ruby on Rails, React, SQL, git experience
- Comfortable translating tech stuff to non-technical folks
- Company-paid family health insurance premiums with annual pre-funded HSA plus Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement
- Company-paid dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and long term disability insurance
- 401k with 4% company match and annual discretionary profit share
- 35-hour work week
- Flexible working hours – work day, night, early, or late as long as you’re making progress and getting work done (subject to initiation period)
- Flexible + Minimum vacation policy – earn 20 days of PTO and take a minimum of 15 vacation days per year
- + 5 additional sick days
- + 11 company holidays
- Conference expenses reimbursement
- Provided coworking and/or office space
- Company-provided work laptop
- Keep-Your-Laptop Program – when we upgrade, keep your laptop for personal use
- Paid parking spot
- Paid bus pass
- As much coffee as you can drink
- Casual dress
Apply now to join our team!
Send us your CV or resume so we can get acquainted.Email Us